You're a do it yourself kind of person and you can handle coating a room with spray foam. So you decide to get the right plural-component proportioning equipment for the right job. But there are so many choices out there! How do you know which is the right one for your project?
Here at Marvel Industrial Coatings, we offer a range of plural-component proportioning equipment that will meet your specific needs. But, if you've never done a spray foam application before, it's understandable how you can get confused by what's out there. But in all reality, it's a five-step process to decide what you need.
The first thing you need to select is what type of plural-component proportioner you need for your job. At Marvel, we offer three models: air, electric, and hydraulic:
- An air-driven proportioning system is great if you've never worked with these systems before. It's good for a low output application and is pretty easy to use.
- An electric-driven proportioning system is perfect if you have a mid to high output application. Unlike an air-driven system, these models give you more application control – such as providing material usage data as well as system diagnostics.
- A hydraulic-driven proportioning system is best for a professional job. These systems offer a high output application. It offers greater application control than the other models and is good for near continual use.
So if you're using the system for a DYI project, you're probably going to go with an air or electric model. Once you selected your proportioner, you're going to need to select a heated hose. When choosing your hose, keep in mind on what your application needs are. The hoses Marvel offers have pressure rating of either 2000 psi or 3500 psi. You will also want to select a heated whip hose (a hose that increases the longevity of the main hose which can reduce user fatigue) with similar pressure ratings.
The next piece of equipment you'll need is a spray gun. Not only does the gun apply the material but will mix it inside the body of the spray gun. Again, there are three models to choose from:
- A mechanical-purge spray gun is the most preferred gun for spraying coatings. It featured a wide choice of spray tips, has a higher flow rate, and improved mixing.
- An air-purge spray gun is similar to the mechanical-purge but uses a blast of air to purge the mixed material. This gun is good for high output polyuria applications.
- A fluid-purge spray gun is rather new. It features a non-toxic liquid in a disposable, non-reusable cartridge. It automatically dispenses the liquid into the mix chamber at each trigger pull. This gun offers less foam blowback in tight places.
The last piece of equipment you will need to select is supply processing equipment. There are two pieces you will need to select: a supply pump which can be diaphragm or piston pump for standard materials in a drum-mount or wall-mount configuration; and an agitator kit that will agitate your resign to create a smooth, consistent coating.
Sounds complicated? It can be especially if you never worked with this equipment before. But that's why Marvel has trained staff ready to help you select the proper equipment for any job. If you need any plural-component proportioning equipment, contact us today and get the help you need.