Does your business use industrial vehicles for commercial use? If the answer is yes, then you should consider protecting them. Industrial trucks, construction equipment, and a variety of other vehicles get a lot of abuse – especially if you’re using that vehicle every day to haul items around. That’s why it is imperative to get a bedliner to protect your vehicles.
When properly applied, scratches and buffs in your paint can be avoided. Before we get into the benefits about spray-on bedliners, you should know that there are two different classifications: “drop-in” and “spray-on.”
Unlike a spray-on bedliner, drop-in bedliners can easily be taken in and out of a vehicle, which is good for cleaning purposes. The cost is pretty reasonable, they can be easy to replace, and can be custom fitted for your industrial vehicle. Plus, they're easy to install – just slip on in and you're done!
But, there are weak points to drop-in bedliners, many which can cause severe damage. For instance, if your vehicle has an older unit (most likely made out of rubber), the bed or inside protection will not be as good as a newer model or spray-on bedliner. If you get a plastic one, it can trap water between the liner and the bed which can lead to rust or corrosion, especially if your truck sits for a long period of time. Plus, the plastic version can vibrate and become loose quickly, which can wear the paint on your bed floor and expose bare metal.
So, what about spray-on bedliners? It might be a little more expensive to get a spray-on liner compared to a drop-in liner. However, a spray-on bedliner offers more benefits to offset that cost, such as:
- Durability: Spray-on bedliners are not only more durable but are resistant to corrosion.
- Noise Canceling: A truck bed can be somewhat noisy. However, a spray-on bedliner can reduce traveling noise.
- Long Lasting: Drop-in bedliners only last a short time, but a spray-on bedliner will last much longer.
- Watertight Seal: Don’t worry about trapped water causing rust corrosion. Spray-on bedliners have excellent adhesion to steal (only if the proper surface prep is completed).
- Choices: There are various textures available for spray-on bedliners, from a hard surface to ones with grip.
- Increased Resale Price: Spray-on bedliners can increase the resale of your vehicle.
- Coverage: A truck bed isn’t the only area that will be covered. Bedrails and tailgate can be too, and it’s great to prevent scratches and missing paint.
- Versatility: Spray-on bedliners can also be used to protect rocker panels and fender wells, along with replacing interior floor mats.
It’s also important to note the weaknesses – for instance when installing a spray-on bedliner yourself, you may run into staining your truck permanently. Plus, the hardness of the chosen chemical can affect your cargo, such as a scratch to a wood finish. But if you use your truck for work on a consistent basis, or are concerned about vehicle protection, then a spray-on bedliner is the way to go.
At Marvel Industrial Coatings, our Armadillo Liners is the option you deserve. We are committed to creating the perfect spray-on bedliner. When you purchase our liner, you will never have to worry about protecting your industrial vehicle again.
If you’re interested in learning more, our experts are standing by. Contact us today!